FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Places where international borders and customs / immigration checks are different
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:20 pm
civicmon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Some airlines have international flights between domestic airports that use international terminals at each end - mostly as tag flight at start or end of true international flight, but some purely run as domestic connections. Treatment at immigration and customs then depends on whether or not pax is international or domestic.

Examples include QF, NZ.
I've done this in Brazil.. I was on a flight from EZE-GRU-GIG. The stop at GRU was just that, a stop, as we were continuing onto GIG. The plane took on a handful of passengers for the 40 minute flight and we got off at the customs area of GIG. The Brazilians who boarded the flight in GRU were wondering why they had to go through customs when they got to GIG.. they were waived through.

Also in Brazil... this time at Pto Iguazu/Foz do Iguacu.. the Argentine side checks you out.. stamps etc... and the brazilians just wave you past. Only need to stop in the BR side if you're actually continuing onto SP, Rio or any other city in Brazil outside that state.