FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jan 2, 2007, 1:44 pm
ginabee2

Debating btwn Westin PV and El Careyes

I'm debating how to use my 50% off points redemption - with 7 nights at the Westin PV or with 5 at El Careyes (I would limit the length of my stay to fund the car rental I'd need for El Careyes).

Any thoughts on the pros/cons of one vs. the other? Now that I see the Westin PV is pretty far from town I'm feeling a little hesitant to do that instead of El Careyes.

I'm really looking for some low-key pool time; my husband can do a few hours a day but is much more interested in tooling around exploring (either by foot or car). I was a little concerned that we'd get bored at El Careyes which is another reason we are just looking to be there for 5 days max.

I've also considered doing 2-3 nights at Westin PV and 4 at El Careyes, but that limits the value which comes with the 50% off points redemption, as it would cost up to 41,000 points instead of about 25,000. And I'd still have to fund a car rental.