FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Economy mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2007, 9:28 pm
Ann Tyrol

Originally Posted by MrSydney
Thanks Ann,

Well from your report it looks like the money I spent to fly PE in March to LAX will be money well spent, particulary since they have enhanced the product.

You mentioned you sat in the emergency exit upstairs - Could you see out the window okay?
Not really - the window seat had a window at around the 4 o'clock position (so a crooked neck view) but not a very good one.

Strange as it may sound, if you are travelling as a couple, I'd say that the JK seats NOT in the exit row are better. There is plenty of leg room in both the exit row seats and other seats, but your view in the exit row is of BP passengers - whereas your view in other JK seats is of the screen. Even when the seat is pushed right back, the tv is at a good distance and can be adjusted easily. I found that the exit row televisions weren't as adjustable as the back-of-seat ones. Plus the view in the other seats was better.

I am 5'10 and had more than enough leg room (as in there was plenty more if needed) when stretched out. Only minor issue is that when the seat in front is fully reclined, then the window seat person has a bit of a climb to get out to the aisle. No big deal though.

Two minor gripes with the AVOD - firstly if the control unit is secured in the armrest when you are using it, it is easy to lean on it and knock a button. Also, they turn it off about 1/2 hour before landing which is a pain. That said, they do give you a 15 minute warning that they are going to turn it off.