FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FS Bali resorts- short review
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2007, 4:27 pm
kmklint

FS Bali resorts- short review

Sayan:

A true representation of Balinese beauty (location). The main building is artisically stunning. Get a river villa, its worth it. (sense of seclusion, private outdoor space, views and the river.) Felt sparsely populated and private.

Very few negatives. My villa was showing some age. Materials were not "as fresh." I believe the resort was built in 1998.

In terms of privacy and beauty it edges out FS Chiang Mai.

Jimbaran:

The villa had fine attention to decorum, architecture. Spared no expense in materials used (loved the thatch roof and all the marble). The villa gave a sense of privacy with good use of small outdoor space. Had every service/amenity you would want on a large resort.

Negatives: Looking at the AIRPORT. Don't let others fool you, it's not off in the distance. Being awoken to a jet flying over your thatched villa at midnight. Too many villas. A fair amount of children, its the "family" resort of the two. Ugly beach. Ugly view. Its psychologically hard to accept that your on a remote and beautiful island when your main view is of the industrial looking airport.

Next time, if I want an ocean view I'll stay at Amankila. Does anyone know if the Ritz Carlton has a nicer view? Also, I question the appeal of staying in the Jimbaran bay area. Too touristic.