FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:12 am
jrhone

Originally Posted by nbevan
So, do the rules for T apply in the same way to UPG1T, UPG2T etc?

There is a problem that since you can't check in online when you have an itinerary including an international flight, your UPG priority on the domestic sectors would otherwise be lower than people who checked in 24 hours ahead.

So if you were flying DEN-ORD-LHR, despite the inability to check in online, would the T status put you at the top of your UPG group for DEN-ORD? On your return, would the ORD-DEN connection also give you T priority for your eVIP LHR-ORD?

But from what you say T status would not apply on the final ORD-DEN segment, so your UPG priority on that segment would necessarily be behind anyone who checked in 24 hours ahead? (For this reason some people have recommended buying domestic and international legs as separate fares, so that you can still do OLCI for the domestic flights.)
I'll have to apologize here as I dont know the correct answer as to how T applies to Upgrades. I have been searching through the reference files for the last hour and am unbale to find a definitive answer. I'll look in to it over the next day or so and get back to you .