FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:47 pm
thaliajen

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I decided to stay during my summer visit and was incredibly disappointed. Granted, it was the day they reopened (They were supposed to reopen the week before so I thought it would be fine after a week) and I should give a little leeway, but really, they shouldn't have reopened so soon. The pool was closed, the spa was closed, there were no upgrades as no suites were even done, and there was a bulldozer on the beach and workmen repairing things that should be repaired before any guest steps foot on the property. I was disgusted, especially as I had stayed so many times before.

I used to love the Cancun Westin Regina and when I got there I was in shock. I couldn't even get out of the 1 night I booked there (I had booked the rest of my stay at Le Meredien) and they were apologetic at first but very strict about the cancellation policy. I don't think I should've paid a cent to stay there- nothing I held of value was available. In fact, there was no working tv in my room, no beach, no spa, no pool- so what were we supposed to do? I had to be moved from my oceanfront room to a lagoon room because the electricity was off on one side, yet I still paid for the oceanfront room. I was thrilled to get out of there.

That was June/July. I have NO idea how things are now. If they returned to their former glory, I'm glad. But I doubt I'll ever stay again because of the way I was treated when I arrived the last time. I should've been able to leave without penalty since they had no pool, no spa, mold and construction everywhere. They had nothing I would enjoy and I was not happy. A letter to them did nothing- I got no reply. I STILL get angry when I think of that stay, but at least I only booked one night!

Anyone stay recently?