FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Munich Marriott Airport [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:45 am
Yub

I stayed there for one night about a year ago. I thought it was even nicer than the Munich Renaissance where I had stayed the previous two nights. Very clean and nicely furnished. I got a great deal on Priceline -- US$50 bid, US$65 including taxes and fees. IIRC, there were no other hotels in the area reported to be participating on Priceline, so there was little chance of getting anything else, especially if bidding on 4*.

I arrived in Freising by S-Bahn, S1 line, on a Sunday afternoon. I walked to the hotel with my rollaboard and a daypack. Even with directions, I had some difficulty finding the hotel, and recommend that you take a cab or find a decent map. I don't recall seeing any cabs at the train station. Although all of the shops in town were closed (Sunday), it was a nice area to walk around. Very cozy and picturesque. For cheap eating, there is a shop at the train station that had some prepared foods including schnitzel and bratwurst.

I reserved a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. I believe that you can also reserve a shuttle from the airport to the hotel as well. The cost was about EUR 10. The shuttle turned out to be a cab (normally about EUR 25), probably because I had an early flight and was the only guest needing a ride to the airport at 5:00 AM.

Internet access was EUR 12/day. There were a couple of workstations with free internet access in the lobby.

Sorry that I can't help much with information about attractions in the area.