FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:19 am
Flying Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by johnep1
What does one get with an executive room at the Grand? I booked a stay for January 4 and the lowest rate from spg.com was 125 Euro for an executive room. The hotel's website doesn't mention much about the executive rooms. Also, I would appreciate it if someone could post the GM's email address.

What is the best way to get to this hotel from the airport (2 people)?

Thanks.
Free lounge with good breakfast, snacks and drink and a good view. The rooms are nothing very special, nice hotelrooms though.

Airport: Either taxi (about 80 Euro) or public transport.

With public transport you buy a ticket "Parter Tages Ticket Gesamtnetz" at the machine (blue ones) for about 15.00 Euros. This is good for two (and more) for the entire day on all busses, U-Bahn, S-Bahn,. Tramway.

You take the S-Bahn (Signposted with a white "S" on green ground) S8 to Engelschalking and change there to Bus Number 184 to Arabellapark (this is three minutes walk to the hotel). I would not do that on my first visit to Munich or without any German language capabilities because the bus is not easy to find for a firsttimer and you are in the suburbs with little people around to ask (depending on the time of the day).

It takes about 10 minutes longer to take any S-Bahn from the Airport to KARLSPLATZ (STACHUS). Change there to the Subway (U-Bahn, signposted with a white "U" on blue ground) U4 in the direction of ARABELLAPARK. It is no problem to change there at all. Everything is very well signposted and plenty of people around. You will get used to that Subway anyway because it is the subway from the Sheraton back into town.

Traveltime by Taxi will be about 30 minutes (outside rush our), by S- and U-Bahn about an hour (at all time).

Have fun!