FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old Dec 22, 2006, 3:37 am
Top Tier

Programs: AA,AS,UA,Hyatt,Hilton
How sure are you of your facts?

Originally Posted by jrhone
I have heard from people at the check in counter that they called in to the help desk right at the 100/72/24 hr mark to list and found out that they still weren’t close to the top of the list. One of the reasons that this might happen is that you can actually put your request in when making the reservation up to 330 days out. Sabre will store the UPG request and automatically try to upgrade you at the threshold time. Sabre stores the requests in the order they are received so if you made a reservation 300 days out and requested the UPG, you will be in front of the person who made their reservation at 200 days out.
If it's at the check in desk with less than three hours until flight time, they'll find they are not on any list. The automated upgrade request list expires three hours prior to flight time.

Originally Posted by jrhone
You are a Platinum and so am I, we are both at the ticket counter and ask to be listed for an upgrade, you are in front of me in the line. You will be UPG2, and I will be UPG2, but you will be higher on the list than I will as you listed before I did
The airport upgrade standby list is sorted by status, time of check in and/or travel disruption. The timing of when you requested to be put on the airport list doesn't really matter (assuming you get yourself on it before it starts to clear).

For more info:

https://www.aa.com/aa/reservation/vi...RulesPopup.jsp

Last edited by Top Tier; Dec 22, 2006 at 3:45 am