FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2006, 8:07 am
indyscott

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by ohmark
You might also check for which carriers offer bonus redemptions for hotel points. British Air has offered as much as a 50% bonus, and others including Northwest have offered bonuses in the past. I'm not sure about current offers, but I always wait to buy travel packages until there is a promo being offered. It increases your points received from 25% to 50%.
In my continuing research on this subject, today I found an offer from NWA for 25% bonus miles good through (also must register):

Terms and Conditions:

This 25% Bonus Miles offer is valid between November 6, 2006 and January 31, 2007 (“Promotional Period”).
Offer is only valid for WorldPerks members who reside in North America.
Only points to miles conversions made during the Promotional Period with the following hotel partners (“Participating Partners”) qualify for the 25% Bonus: Goldpoints Plus, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club Rewards and Marriott Rewards.
Limit one 25% bonus per Participating Partner points to miles conversion.
Bonus Miles will be retroactively removed if account is merged.
Please allow 6-8 weeks from activity date of converted miles for 25% Bonus Miles to post to the account.
If your points to miles conversion does not appear in your WP account, please contact the Participating Hotel Partner to verify the transfer.
Please review Participating Partners points to miles conversion terms and conditions before converting.

goldpoints plus
Hilton HHonors
Hyatt Gold Passport
Marriott Rewards
Priority Club Rewards

Converted miles and Bonus Miles will post as banked miles, not Elite Qualifying Miles.
Northwest Airlines has the final authority on the interpretation of these rules.