FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:44 am
andrzej
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by yul2005
Perhaps but it may require persistance.

Last year I was not in a position to call, so I sent e-mail. The agent who replied thought I was claiming that there were unposted flights that would have taken over the 10k boundary, and told me that there were no such unposted flights.

It took one more email acknowledging that I had no unposted flights and repeating my original request to get the stickers posted.
I did say a phone call. A quick call to AAdvantage CSR will get this done in 1 minute. The first time I tried this few years back, I called the Gold or Platinum line(don't remember) and they said they can't help me. Came here, did a search and found a thread about this very same subject. Few posts stated that it's AAdvantage CS that should be called, not the elite lines, and also that you have to wait until the last few days in Feb. I did it and stickers posted. I did it for couple of more years and never had a problem. I even had the last couple of stickers posted once the new free EXP upgrade program began. I only had ~5500 miles towards stickers and again they posted the last 2 after a quick call.

So a phone call is much better IMHO, but at the end e-mail worked for you.

At the same time we all have to realize that this is an unpublished perk. AA could tighten this up at any time, but AFAIK, it's still very easily done at this time.