FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:12 am
Jarreb

Programs: DL GM, UA, AA, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by txl
Based on the recommendations in this thread I went to Raja's on Soi 4 (1/6) yesterday. My first impression was not very good, though. The location is unpleasant - right across the street from one of the bars I was hoping to avoid. The shop itself is small, crammed and completely unattractive and the marvelled choice of fabrics was simply non-existent: white shirt is either cotton or cotton-polyester, black pants wool or wool-polyester, one fabric each... Indeed, there are many recommendations on the walls, but at first glance most of them seemed to be from members of the American military. There were a lot of customers in the shop, all of them tourists, none of them wearing tailored clothing, and one tailor to attend to all of us. I ended up ordering much less than I had planned in order to get an impression of the quality first. I will write again to tell you how the outcome was.

-txl.
I will be in Bangkok from Dec. 22 to Dec. 27 and then up to Chiang Mai. I definitely look forward to going to Raja's on Soi 4 (1/6)- the original. Several of my friends have been there including my Father-In-Law (numerous times) and won't go anywhere else. Some say because of the quality and price and all say because of the excellent service. Raja does have an excellent memory and will remember your name- it seems like forever. Anyway, I will post again when I return and let you know of my experience. I will be heading over the day after I arrive and hopefully they will be ready before we leave (not sure over the Christmas holiday). How did yours end up?
-Jared