FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 23 Kilos max baggage weight as of 13th Feb
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:45 am
krich

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, AMEX BA PP, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Hardly in a meaningul way I'd say (i.e. like NCW improvements do). They get the same checked bag allowance already on by-piece routes with a marginal extra allowance on by-weight routes in F. And they already had the same hand luggage allowance after the new changes came in (which is the same as every cabin anyway now with BAA's useless airports forcing the 'one bag only' rule on us all).

Is it good F/J and CE/W have more baggage allowance than Y? Yes, that should mean less chance of people on already expensive fares paying excess perhaps, if they pack right. BUT is it any good that it's 3x23Kg? No. Why? It's entirely impractical for the lone business traveller (err, hello, did someone say 'target audience'? Oh, no, sadly nobody thought of that at BA again?) to lug around 3-4 items (2-3 checked, one hand luggage) to/from airports, ffs. It's even less practical for a family with a couple of small kids to lug around dozens of cases and 2 pushchairs, etc. The whole thing doesn't add up. Sigh.
^ ^ Well said!

When the two of us go away in CE for a weekend break, or even CW Longhaul on a weekend break (or even 5 days), we take the one case as we don't want to be saddled with piece after piece of luggage, especially since the Mrs does not want to carry anything apart from her handbag

I guess that the 'discretion' they had when two customers are sharing one bag to 'pool' the allowance also goes out the window

Last edited by krich; Dec 13, 2006 at 8:55 am