FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude PHL lounge employee - Kudos to LGA
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:36 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Rude PHL lounge employee - Kudos to LGA

G'Day -

I am a Qantas Plat - The status provides Qantas Club membership and Qantas Club members can use US Lounges (for now, at least).

Was in the US lounge at PHL in the "F" "commuter concourse" a few days ago with a colleague who is also a QF Plat / QC member. He was wanting to credit one segment to QF and one segment to LH and asked for assistance. A US gate agent at Louisville said it could be done upon arrival in PHL for the connecting segment.

My colleague enquired while we were in a PHL "F" Club and was speaking to the male agent behind the counter. The agent said it couldn't be done anymore since HP purchased US. My colleague then said the gate agent (at SDF) was sure it could be done upon arrival in PHL. At this point the agent at the US Club lost his cool and said, "well why don't you go and have the gate agent do it" - This nastyness took me by surprise and my travelling companion then asked the agent, "May I have your name please?" -

The agent responded, "You don't need my name and I'm not giving it to you". At that point he thanked him, got a sarcastic "thank you and goodbye" back.

It's been a couple years since I've flown US myself, but I must say the employee we encountered at the US lounge in the PHL "F" concourse was just downright rude and nasty.

On the other side of the coin, I personally had a great experience at LGA yesterday with the folks in the US lounge as I waited for a delayed flight. I will be sending in a thank-you letter to their manager. I always love writing thank you letters, especially this time of year. Kudos to LGA and their assistance Friday evening (most flights were delayed 2 hrs, several cancelled).

As far as the lounge employee at PHL, anyone think it's worth sending in a letter of complaint about this employee? I'm not looking for any compensation or freebies - neither is my travelling companion. With over 100,000 miles/year of flying on multiple carriers, countless airports & lounges, I would have to rate this employee as the most bitter front line employee I've come across in quite some time. Aside from this, I was happy with flying US Airways (only a few short-haul segments).

Cheers!

SDF_Traveler

Last edited by SDF_Traveler; Dec 9, 2006 at 7:37 pm Reason: typo