FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread
Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:57 am
DJ Bitterbarn

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
May as well bump this instead of starting a new thread...

So I was checking my miles to find out how many I picked up from the Mystery Weekend with SAS and discovered that Aeroplan seems to think I have Elite status already. This puzzles me because a) I know I didn't make the cutoff for Early Recognition (although I did get enough miles as of Nov 21st) and b) I never received an e-mail about it beyond the "you're going to be a *P member" e-mail that the other thread talked about. Plus, it seems they decided to go ahead and pick the 5K mile bonus and SWUs, which don't really help, but will probably affect next year's bookings.

Aaaanyway, if it's true that they just decided to give a three-week extension on early recognition, then it brings up a question re: *G status. Since there's no way that they can get a new card out to me before the next trip (it has to go to my Canadian address, then get forwarded here), what do I have to do to make sure I can get into the London Lounge and MLL in YYC in December? The flights were all booked months ago (even before the trip that put me over *E), so will I need to call AC and get them to update the booking to reflect it? Or will it be even harder than that?