FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seattle Gay Nightlife Review
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2006, 4:01 pm
westcoastman

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by rgronenb
Another night I tried the Broadway American Grill based on some comments on this board. What a mistake that was. Although the place was less than half full, I stood 5 minutes at the podium waiting to be seated, in plain view of several employees. Took another 20-25 minutes to get a cup of lukewarm soup (cooked to order?). When my sesame grilled chicken salad arrived, I needed a magnifying glass to find the chicken! Tiny cubes of cold chicken, perhaps from a can, were hidden in a plate of lettuce and sprouts. But worse than the food was the service. The waitstaff were very friendly, with each other, while food sat on the counter waiting to be picked up and brought to tables. If you are looking for a good meal, avoid this place at all cost. In fact, if you're looking for a nicer time, try Portland instead.
I have had some issues with service as well. I have actually had such a bad experience there one time I yelled at the hostess and walked out of the place. Chefs are pretty quick but the servers are in no hurry to get the food to you so you have to be aggressive with whoever walks by. Some of the dishes are decent but chicken salad does not sound like something I would order there. They have a decent hamburger and sometimes have early bird specials on weekdays which include strip steak, salad and dessert for around $13.
I would save Broadway Grill for a warm summer afternoon as a location for prime people watching with expectations of a casual meal. Service can suck and don't let them sit you in the back unless you prefer dark windowless dining.