FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seattle Gay Nightlife Review
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:51 am
RideThe22A

Disappointing

Just spend a few mid-week days in Seattle and I have to admit the "scene" is most disappointing. Perhaps that's not the case if you're young and beautiful but for the rest of us, there is much left to be desired. The Madison Pub was OK, Cuff's was dead and C.C. Attles was hardly worth the climb up the hill. I remember how nice it used to be along with Thumpers across the street. With Thumpers closed, where was I to go for dinner?

Well, I tried Martins off Madison. Food was decent but not spectacular and at least it was quiet there. Another night I tried the Broadway American Grill based on some comments on this board. What a mistake that was. Although the place was less than half full, I stood 5 minutes at the podium waiting to be seated, in plain view of several employees. Took another 20-25 minutes to get a cup of lukewarm soup (cooked to order?). When my sesame grilled chicken salad arrived, I needed a magnifying glass to find the chicken! Tiny cubes of cold chicken, perhaps from a can, were hidden in a plate of lettuce and sprouts. But worse than the food was the service. The waitstaff were very friendly, with each other, while food sat on the counter waiting to be picked up and brought to tables. If you are looking for a good meal, avoid this place at all cost. In fact, if you're looking for a nicer time, try Portland instead.