FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubletree (was Hilton), Bath City {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2006, 6:56 am
KMiami

Programs: AA Platinum for Life, Hilton Diamond,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by DebBrown
First let me apologize for not using "search" but the term "bath" brings up many, many threads.

When I try to book an award stay for 3 adults in Bath online, the family room is not available. For a regular reservation, I pull the family room. However, the family descriptions states it is for 2 adults and 2 children. By calling HHonors, I was able to reserve this family room for my 3 adults at the same rate as a regular room. Am I likely to have any trouble here? I'm worried about the 3 adults vs 2 adults & 2 kids and also getting the large room at the cost of a regular room.

Thanks,
Deb
Listen, you may want to reconsider this hotel. I just got back from there on a paid stay and it's the worst Hilton I have stayed at. The walls are so thin that you can hear normal conversations in the next room as though they were standing right next to you, the noise from the pubs in the area is pretty bad and the beds are a punishment - lumpy, hard and old.

Look, with me it's not exactly the Princess and the Pea. I am famous (in a very small group) for sleeping anywhere but this hotel broke my streak. If you did go ahead, at least insist on a room facing the river, not the street.