FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know - ARCHIVED)
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:47 am
jeffjfj

Programs: A3*G,AC,BAEC
I just went to HKG and China. I obtained a double entry L visa before I left - my plan was to go to HKG, then from there to PEK, then back to HKG, then to Cheng-du. Once I was there and learned a little more, I decided I wanted to check out Shenzen. The problem was that I only had a 2-entry visa and I'd already used 1 entry for PEK and needed to use the other for Cheng-du. In the future, what's the best way to deal with this? Can I apply for 2 visas at once e.g. 1 single entry visa and 1 double entry visa, or even 2 double-entry visas? Is it best to get a 2-entry visa from here and then request another 1- or 2-entry visa in HKG? Is there some sort of limit on how many L visits one can make in a 3, 6, or 12-month period? The rules seem to say that multiple-entry L visas are only available if you're related to a Chinese citizen or if you have real estate in China - anyone know/heard differently?

Also, does anyone know anything about G (transit) visas? Would I be able, for instance, to get a G visa and a 2-entry L visa, fly through and stop in PEK for a few days on the way to HKG (using the G visa), and then use the L visa for 2 other visits? Also, is a G visa only single use? For instance, could I get a G visa and use it once to stop in PEK on the way to HKG and another time to stop in PEK on the way back from PEK?

Last edited by jeffjfj; Dec 5, 2006 at 11:27 am