FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:32 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RandomTSO
Besides, Im not so self righteous to believe that I saved america. Hell, I'm not even THAT proud of the job I do. Like I said, I'm here because its a stepping stone. But when people sit there and pick at us and insult us unanswered, well, I gotta say SOMETHING
Sorry about that, but lots of your colleagues are under the delusion that they are the main deterrent to terrorism. They don't realize that the real security is being done by other 3-letter agencies.

As for the insults, you should try to understand just how furious we are about this as frequent flyers. The terrorists haven't changed our way of life. Only the TSA is guilty of that. If there is a real good reason for security, I don't mind giving up a few freedoms. For instance I am really not too upset that I cannot bring a pistol on board. However taking away my freedom to travel with my toiletries and medicine for NO GOOD REASON and lying to me about it will just never sit well with me. More worrying is the fact that the restrictions are progressive and mistakenly reactionary.