FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:36 am
ExtraInRedShirt

All the discussion of damaging the brand is bs - you're not really going to get very far on that.

There are a dozen (or maybe even a hundred) FT'rs that bought up a huge percentage of the product.
Those that bought dozens or hundreds of the products are NOT the customers that Emmi is looking for, and frankly, they have no interest in keeping those customers. They don't need to do anything to appease "public perception" or "corporate image" for this matter. You didn't eat the cheese to begin with, you don't plan to buy more after this, they know it, you know it.

There are a few folks here that may have been enticed to try the product by the promo who genuinely would buy in the future. But those folks either didn't get any (as it was all bought up) or bought only a few packages (see the earliest posters on this topic).

Now, if anyone feels they have a valid legal complaint, go nuts. However, don't expect Emmi to give a damn about "bad customers" (from their perspective). However, as soon as someone says "class action", I hear that as someone that doesn't understand how CA work. The primary litigant may get approximately what they're after. The attorneys will get a huge hit. The rest of the folks in the class action (all dozen or hundred of them) will get a certificate for free cheese... I've "won" a few class action cases (been in the class) and my total compensation is pretty much worthless.

Emmi may end up giving you folks something and I hope for your sake they do (so you can move onto the next mistake fair in another forum).

Extra