FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:40 am
dgwright99

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Sorry, but the e-mail address of [email protected] is not the e-mail address of Paul Schlit.

Try again, whoever you are. Don't you understand that the credibility of Emmi is gone?
Hang on; I agree that it's reasonable to be skeptical, but for now, I'm prepared to take this at face value. If nothing appears on the website by EOB Monday, then I'll treat this as a spoof.

Clearly, Emmi miscalculated, and then paniced; it seems that now they may have realized their error. If they really have realized their error now, and are trying to figure out how best to meet their obligations while minimizing their loss, then they'd be crazy not to run whatever they come up with by their lawyers before posting whwtever they come up with on their website. Frankly, it seems imprudent to have posted this message on FT (if indeed it isn't a spoof), but if it's genuine they deserve some credit for doing that.

What concerns me about this is that they may be trying to "buy off" the group (FTers) who are most likely to make trouble for them, leaving the regular Joes who are not FTers, but who see the products in a grocery store and buy 5 or 10 packs for an extra few miles, with nothing (other than the cheese...).

Those of us who bought large quantities will surely have kept the receipts - for the tax deduction. Joe Sixpack doesn't keep his grocery receipts.

Another concern is that presumably these packs are still on shelves, and people are going to buy them because of the miles. A co-worker of mine (not an FTer) told me last week that his wife had spotted these packs and bought all 12. If the packs are still on shelves other people across the country are going to be doing the same next week. Under the terms posted by Swissbliss, they are going to get screwed, and Emmi shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

The good thing is that this message (genuine or not) turns this into more of a "drama" that will make a better story for the media - so more likely to get coverage. We should keep on emailing the media, to keep up the pressure on Emmi to honor the full terms of the offer for all consumers - not just the FTers who bought in bulk.