FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So close to EXP... yet.. so far away?
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:58 am
SpeedRicer

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by RChavez
I think the agent you spoke with may have been mistaken. I have had original routing credit due to weather reroutes on quite a few occasions.

One in particular, I had decided to fly out of EWR instead of JFK because NY was expecting storms later in the day. Well, later I couldn't figure out why I was a few miles short of my requal (it was a very tight requal). Well I figured out EWR is 19 miles closer to DFW than JFK is. Well, I wrote AA and they credited me for my original routing.

I believe, however, they only do this for weather or other invol reroutes, not voluntary reroutes.
Could be -- I called both Reservations and AAdvantage and both agents said the same, though they didn't really double-check with supervisors on anything.

My original DFW-LAX flight was cancelled, so I pretty much had to take the DFW-SFO flight, unless I decided to stay in DFW overnight (at my expense) and take a DFW-LAX-SFO trip the following day, which I did. So perhaps the existence of only one alternate arrangement on that night (which I didn't want to take) was why they wouldn't offer routing credit...