FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report Singapore, Bali and Java
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:49 am
MegatopLover

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Very good report!

Mr. Megatop and I stayed at the Chedi Club in May for my birthday, combined with a few nights at GHM's Legian on the beach in Seminyak. We found that an excellent combination of beach and interior. The service at the Chedi was spectacular. Loved every minute, exceeded only by the beauty of the setting. I've written more extensive comments somewhere (either this forum, the "Other Asia" forum, or elsewhere), but I'll add to this thread that we were in one of the standard villas along the walkways and we had no issues with privacy at all. Our butler (different fellow than the OP had, his name was Arka and he really made our stay all the better) closed the blinds on the front windows/doors of our villa in the evenings and the indoor/outdoor bathroom was fully enclosed by a compoud-like wall. Disadvantage is not having our own plunge pool, though the resort is so small that the main pool rarely has more than a few guests.

On our next visit to Bali, I'm tempted to try the FS properties or the VSOE properties or even the Amans, but the GHM's were so good that we may just go back to them.