FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok (Master Thread)
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:39 am
Christian

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
RECENT stay DISAPPOINTED ! :(

Recently spent 5 days and then 2 days... several disappointments that lead me to book ELSEWHERE on my next BKK trip...
Check in was SLOW and disorganized. Finally given a smoking room, despite booking non, and a lovely veiw of the PARKADE... thanks...
Found the walls PAPERTHIN, and lots of noise.

Upon return for second stay, hotel car FAILED to show up, NO reason given, A REAL PAIN at the new airport - I had confirmed and ensured they had ALL My details...

Next day, I left an important envelope for an associate with concierge for him to pick up.
When I returned to the hotel, my associate was waiting in the lobby, very pissed off - the hotel claimed they didn't have anything for him - however - I was able to get the envelope back, sign the book (that had ALL his and MY details noted), in 30 seconds. This kind of thing makes business travellers go elsewhere! This could have cost me a whole deal - just dumb luck that he had to wait for a ride and was there when I returned....
AGAIN, hotel had no explanation.

Buffet b/fast was good, pool is OK, location is good, but service is FAIL.

Doubt I'd stay there again..