FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase
Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:57 am
UA Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi Everyone, here are some quick facts about the new Chase Presidential Plus World MasterCard, including some clarifications on the new Flexible Elite Qualification Miles (Flex EQMs). Hope this helps.
  1. What's the annual fee? The annual fee is $375 for existing Chase OnePass World MasterCard holders. New cardholders will be offered a one-time discount of $75 off the annual membership fee for the first year. To get this offer, call 1-877-847-8299 or apply online at www.copresplus.com/AF.

2. How does the Presidents Club membership work? Presidential Plus card members will receive a new Presidents Club card 2-3 weeks after they receive the credit card. If you wish to enter a lounge prior to receiving your Presidents Club membership card, simply provide your OnePass account number and photo ID.

3. What if I already have a Presidents Club membership? Once you're approved for the Presidential Plus credit card, your current Presidents Club membership will be cancelled and a refund for the unused portion of the membership will be mailed to the OnePass account address on file within 4-6 weeks. A new membership will be established and a new card will be mailed.

4. Will my spouse get a membership as well? No, only the primary cardholder will receive a Presidents Club membership. A spouse membership may be added for $150 per year by contacting the OnePass Service Center.

5. What if my current membership includes my spouse? Spouse memberships will be cancelled and refunded along with the primary membership. A spouse membership can be added to a Presidential Plus Presidents Club membership for $150 by calling the OnePass Service Center.

6. What if I'm a lifetime member of the Presidents Club? Lifetime Presidents Club members are not yet included in this offer, but we're working on it. In 2007, we'll introduce a special low rate for lifetime Presidents Club members.

7. How do I earn the Flexible Elite Qualification Miles (Flex EQMs) work? You'll earn 2,000 Flex EQMs for every $25,000 in annual charge volume - including charges made by any additional cardholders on your account. Annual charge volume is based on the enrollment date of the Presidential Plus card, not the calendar year. And yes, Flex EQMs can be stored for however long you want to hold on to them.

8. How do I redeem my Flex EQMs? Your Flex EQMs will be reflected on your OnePass statement and on continental.com. To redeem your Flex EQMs, just call the OnePass Service Center at 713-952-1630. Redemption capability will be added to continental.com later in 2007. You can add Flex EQMs to your elite qualification year up to March 31st of the following year. So for example, if you're short EQMs for the 2006 Elite qualitifcation period (Jan-Dec 2006), you'll have up to March 31st 2007 to add however many Flex EQMs to your 2006 EQM total.

9. What benefits will additional cardholders on my account get? Additional cardholders will not be eligible for the EliteAccess priority services or Presidents Club membership. Their spending, however, will earn OnePass miles and will also count toward your Flex EQM bank.

10. How do the EliteAccess benefits work? Cardholders that aren’t already an Elite member will receive EliteAccess benefits at the airport - which include access to the EliteAccess lanes at check-in, security and boarding. These benefits will apply to the cardholder and anyone else traveling in the same confirmation.

11. Will I get 5% off Continental airfares purchased at continental.com? The 5% discount is for the first 12 months a cardholder carries any Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card. So, if this is your first Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card, you'll get 5% off your Continental airfares purchased at continental.com. If you upgraded to the Presidential Plus credit card from another Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card or have an additional Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card, your 12 months of the 5% discount will be based on the date of enrollment from your previous Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card.

12. What are some of the other benefits of having the Presidential Plus card? In addition to double miles for your Continental ticket purchases, you'll also get double miles for all car and hotel purchases as well. All other purchases, of course, will still earn one mile per dollar spent. This card also comes with a concierge service, and an exclusive customer service line (the same high-end service used for JP Morgan Chase Private Banking).

Last edited by UA Insider; Nov 28, 2006 at 1:42 pm Reason: clarification on #12