FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:32 am
CO 1E
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
This is interesting news. I didn't think it was being rolled out until the start of 2007. Would you please tell us, what exactly are "Flex elite" qualifying miles? Are they the same as EQM?
They are EQMs, but you can choose the year in which you apply them to your EQM balance. For example, if you earn 2000 flex EQMs in 2007 and you earn 78k EQMs from flying, you can opt not to apply the miles to your EQM total for 2007. Then, assume you earn another 2000 flex EQMs in 2008 and in December 2008, you find yourself with only 71k EQMs earned through flying. You can then apply your flex EQMs from 2007 and 2008 to bump you to Plat for the 2009 membership year.

I was excited when I received the fancy invitation in the mail - I was hoping for a new mileage promo, but to no avail. As the OP described, it's basically a World Mastercard with a PClub membership for which you pay almost regular price through the hefty annual fee. Not worth it, IMO. It is a really nice looking card, however.