FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:25 am
guybaxy

Programs: Qantas Platinum, HH Blue, SPG PLatinum
Westin Kl

We checked in late Friday 17 November for two night points stay (3,000 per night), had to wait quite a lomng time (only one staff on at 1am), asked for upgrade to suite, reply was running quite full, however, front deak obliged, received suite upgrade, with executive club access, good food spread as well as alcohol, bfast ok too, not as good as Kl Hilton, but position superb, 500 tarpoints amenity posted within 24 hrs as well. Manager apologised for wait at check in, sent complimertary noodle supper up, internet 50% discount.No fruit basket, but compl water (2 bttles per day). Unfortunate experience in night, woken by something crawling accross my face, flicked it off, next mn found huge cockroach on floor (not quite dead) alserted housekeeing, scary!!!
Originally Posted by mario33
I was on the phone with the Reservations Manager today requesting for a 3pm late check-out. In putting forward my case I mentioned that since they did not even upgrade my room, they should at least grant me my other SPG Gold benefit which is late check-out.

To my surprise, I was told that SPG Gold members are NOT entitled to any room upgrade and late check-out is not possible due to high occupancy.

He added that he would put himself at "risk" by allowing me to check-out at 2.30 pm and reminded me that housekeeping will move in at 2.30pm sharp to clean the room for the next guest. A quick check on the Starwood website indicated that the hotel is far from running at full occupancy !

Although I have read in another post that a fellow Flyertalker who is SPG Gold had a minor upgrade, I will be very curious to know whether other Gold members have had that privilege.

Also has any Platinum member been upgraded to a suite at this property?