FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2006, 5:52 pm
ClipperDelta

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I don't know about creditors, but I think there is a political angle to this given that such a huge merger will require DOJ approval and that this could be influenced by customers.

And perhaps the creditors would secondarily be influenced if they saw where there was a dedicated and motivated consortium of Georgia/Utah/Kentucky/Ohio politicians aligned with Delta employees and Delta customers who intended to press DOJ to deny the deal. If it became apparent that gaining regulatory approval for the deal was going to take a long, long time -- during which time Delta's future would remain uncertain and unsure -- then it might be enough to sour them on the deal.
Again, couldn't agree more. I think the most effective way for us to have any influence on this deal is through the political/regulatory channels, pointing out the issues from a consumer and competitive landscape perspective. One advantage on DL's side would be the potentially long regulatory approval process if enough anti-trust issues were raised, which could in turn dampen a creditor's enthusiasm for any part of the $4 billion pot....