FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA CE/CW TLS-LGW-DFW Nov 06/ my 1st Silver flight/downgrade/long haul cancellation
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:25 am
MorganB

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Thanks for taking the time to report back, MorganB
Still, you may want to call and explain to the EC what happened here. They may be willing to comment your account that an extra 75 TPs were effectively 'lost' in the promotion cycle - if you are short of Silver/Gold at the end of your next membership year, you can then call again and ask them to take these in to account.
Thanks for the info and glad you liked the report! I will give them a call and see if I manage to get some distance out of that.

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Hopefully, it will be a moot point anyway and you'll retain Silver no problem thanks to FT
I hope so! On the upside, my first Silver year is 13 months rather than 12 with an expiration on December 8th 2007. Not sure why they did that.

The main problem I have is getting connections out of France to long hauls to North America. With the Gatwick/Heathrow split it makes it complicated. For example, if I want to go to Dallas but am leaving from Paris I can no longer connect without changing airports in London as there are no more CDG-LGW flights. In the past I could also leave from Montpellier and connect via Gatwick but they have changed the flight times to where this does not work and at any rate that flight is BACON (days are numbered) and now only during the summer.

I also like to fly CDG-LHR-ORD with a final leg on AA to LIT. Unfortunately I cannot buy it all on one ticket despite AA being a code share since I tend to MFU and thats a non BA metal flight. When I do price it out without MFU, BA charges about 800$ for the AA leg which is almost 3x the AA price on a non restricted fare!

BA has become very London centric. I continue to jump through the hoops to be able to fly them but with every change it becomes more and more difficult.

Last edited by MorganB; Nov 17, 2006 at 11:34 am