FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Xian REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 7/1/11
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:01 pm
johnep1

Originally Posted by Helen123
I searched the past Hyatt Xian threads but no details on breakfast costs..

So, would like to hear from FTers - would you pay $598 (yuan) for room only, or opt for the $798 for room + breakfast for two?? I read good reviews about breakfast at Hyatt Xian, but just wonder if there's also another options nearby (within one-two blocks) for breakfast?

Also, do anyone knows how much the hotel charges if order airport transfer from them??

thanks, Helen
I stayed at this hotel in May and thought it was great (we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite). We ate breakfast in the lounge but the main restaurant on the ground floor was very good when we had dinner there. 200 RMB is only about $25, and I would think the breakfast at the Hyatt would be worth $12.50 a person. There is quite a lot nearby (the Hyatt is in a great location) so you should be able to find good, cheap breakfast outside the hotel if you want.

As for transportation to/from the airport, we booked a van at the airport (there's a kiosk just as you're leaving the baggage claim area). I forget exactly what the rate was, but it was quite reasonable. We used the same van service to take us around Xi'an as well.