FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - online purchases possible?
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:46 am
BOGO

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The other point is why collect miles if you're not an airline traveler? Now, perhaps you only travel internationally. But if you travel domestically, don't you find yourself closer to iDine restaurants during some of your travels? If so, you can just do your "coffee runs" then.
I collect miles because I am a bargain hunter. I no longer travel for business, but still have miles piled up for myself and 5 family members. The dining keeps all our accounts active and slowing growing. On occasion we can use the miles for a vacation or trip to Grandma. I am trying to save some miles for that inevitable emergency trip home. I choose which Dining account to use based upon the current promotion. If I can save on time and gas milage to order a gift card for a chain that does not have a local participating outlet, I would do it if it would get me an extra 1000 miles. I would only do it if there were no extra costs involved and I could use the gift card or give it as a gift. I have enough places that I can make my "coffee runs" locally. The promotions that depend upon $25 minimun dines or high monthly totals, are the true reason for my need to have gift cards.