FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boycott the Vote!
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2006, 7:37 am
kanebear

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
I wonder; could it be that those screaming the loudest over a simple 'get out the vote' avatar have a vested interest in NOT having a high 'turnout'?? After all, if you have low turnout it becomes much easier to 'influence' voting patterns.

FWIW, I think the avatar is a great idea. It's an unobtrusive yet present reminder that the Talkboard elections are going on. Perhaps it should be optional; IMO the vast majority of the community either doesn't care or will be happy to have it.

On the 'US flag' nonsense; the board is registered and hosted in the US. When I visit European boards, or Asian, I often see and am not offended by references to the home nation of the board. Why is it that it's ok for other countries, but 'insert deity of your choice here' forbid residents of the dirty nasty bad foul US show a bit of pride in the nation. It is optional and action must be taken to select the 'US-centric' option. I didn't even realize it was there. If one takes offence to such a trivial issue they truly do not have enough to worry about in life.

Last edited by kanebear; Nov 14, 2006 at 7:51 am