FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:28 pm
Landing Gear

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Waldbaum's

Originally Posted by tmcneill
My supermarket is Waldbaum's, which is also owned by the same company as A&P, SuperFresh and The Food Emporium. All located in NY, NJ, CT, DC, DE, MD and PA.

I found both the Fondue and Cheese Wheel on cardboard display cases near the dairy cooler. These are the temporary displays that are just sitting on the floor. The Fondue is priced at $5.99 and the Cheese Wheel is only $2.99. The Cheese Wheel is actually very good cheese, an assortment of different flavors on the same wheel.

I have so far entered 6 codes. I will keep you posted if and when the miles post. As was mentioned, the details at the emmiusa website are limited. If there is no limit on the number of codes you can enter this could be a great way to top off your account. 10,000 AAdvantage miles for $60.00 plus cheese sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I am going to check Waldbaum's in Brooklyn, but in case they don't carry it, would you mind giving me (by PM if you wish) the address of your local store?