FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does CC type need to match the website?
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:43 am
the_traveler

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by VIP
Are you sure about this? I thought all you needed to receive credit was to register your card (of whatever type) with iDine. Then, if you use that specific card at an eligible restaurant, you get the credit.
I just randomly picked a restaurant. According to the idine website (at least for US), the following is listed:
Rewards Network Guidelines for This Restaurant: Unlimited visits, Benefit awarded up to the maximum spending of $600 per month, see above for benefit availability. Please call the restaurant for up-to-date hours of operations.

Accepted Cards: MC, VI
I have MC and AX registered with US.

If I use my MC at this restaurant, I will get credit. I don't think I'd get credit if I paid with AX - even though the restarant accepts it for payment! (It is not 1 of the accepted cards listed for idine credit with US. I have also seen listed a location accepting MC and AX with say US, but only accepting AX with say UA or NW!)

Originally Posted by VIP
Using cash is not a valid comparison since it's virtually untraceable by idine.
I only mentioned cash as an example of a form of payment that the location accepts. (Some places even accept personal checks!) I know you don't receive idine credit.