FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Too picky looking for the perfect mp3 player?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:50 am
KPChicago

Location: Primary: “Its largest airport was named for a World War II hero; its second largest, for a World War II battle.”, Secondary: 88NV via RNO
Programs: Hilton Diamond*, UA ex-2P, Chase
Originally Posted by Blitztorte
Hello FT. I have been shopping for an mp3 music player to be used while travelling. But I haven't been able to find a player available in the U.S. that meets everything on my checklist.

Here is what I would like:

Is the Creative Zen Vision:M the closest to meeting my wishlist?

Thanks for any and all comments!
I have the earlier Creative Zen model

It's pretty close except

a) I think it returns to the beginning of the last track on a stop.

b) It, like most players is more fragile than we treat them. The screen has lost a couple lines, but still works otherwise.

It also has FM radio built-in, (I-pods make it an add on) and can record voice pretty well.

They can take full wav files, but that'll eat up your space quick. If you want a lot of wav files, or a whole library, get a Hard Drive one (20-60GB). If you expect to jostle it alot, stick with a flash player (1-8GB).

For a neutral opinion, Wired's gift guide gave the Toshiba Gigabeat 30MES30VW the highest rating (9) with Creative Zen and Apple I-Pod offerings all earning 8s.

I'm trying to pick between Toshiba and creative for my next upgrade. Toshiba's compatability with Tivo2Go may be the kicker.