FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best TG lounge at new BKK airport
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:11 pm
sgn1k

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I am in the domestic lounge now. The wifi is just as bad here. Both lounges do not have power outlets for your laptops. So people unplg to table and floor lamps to get power. This can be partially solved but putting in multil outlet strips leading from the outlets that the lamps use but this will look ugly. This is a major oversite in the lounge design.

It is not as crowded as the intl one. I hope not as it looks like it will be the only TG domestic lounge.

I do not see a bar here. There were 2 at the intl lounge, one being self service. The temperature here is reasonable also. I was working up a sweat in the intl.
There was only one domestic lounge at Don Muang as well, which was fairly unimpressive -- just one big room with some sofas. I would guess that whatever is at Suvarnabhumi would be an improvement. There was also no bar at the Don Muang domestic lounge, just a service counter providing non-alcoholic beverages, sandwiches, and small snacks. I don't think I've seen alcohol served at any TG domestic lounge, actually, though I would certainly welcome a change in that policy!