FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 10: Display Your Contributions to FlyerTalk
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:42 pm
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just 5?

Well, back in 2004, I started a thread that helped a lot of FlyerTalkers get some Free iPods - which in turn, led to quite a few of us getting free Flat Screen TVs.

For almost 2 years, I managed the Amtrak Discount Thread which has helped countless FT'ers get Amtrak discounts for years. As I don't travel on Amtrak as much anymore, Amtrak moderator ByeByeDelta has been keeping the thread alive.

For a year & a half, I managed the DC Area Monthly Happy Hour thread - the thread has since been passed on to Pranu who is currently managing it as my travel schedule picked up significantly. However, I'm still a regular attendee.

One of my pride & joys is a work in progress (which I'm currently updating) is the Mileage Run Tools thread which currently has over 138,000 views. I also regularly get PMs from members who may not feel comfortable asking their question in the forum, asking for assistance with mileage run planning.

Most recently, I published a Basic Guide to WAS and its Airports - I used to be the Washington DC forum moderator - then, one day, the TalkBoard removed the forum from existence (without even telling me!). It has since come back!

I hope these have been helpful threads to all FlyerTalkers!