FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 4: To which extent would FlyerTalk be a different place?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 8:17 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Cool question, christiansen.

I dont think FT would be too terribly different to be blunt about it. I think Randy's vision of what FT should be was strong and solid from the start. The TB really only operates around the fringes.

But the TB, I think, helps Randy keep in touch with the posters and what's going on in the communities of Flyertalk. It also gets him to think outside his box and sometimes even out of his comfort zone. And that's a good thing for any leader to have.

I'll give you an example: the proposed Mens Travel Forum. Randy's stated opposition to the MTF is that no other travel board has one. Any my response as a TB member would have been, 'And that's exactly why FT should have one.' FT is not just the leader in very frequent travel discussion, it is the fortress hub. And when you are a leader you cant just follow. You have to take chances to make improvement...wade into uncharted territory.

So while the TB is not the end-all, be-all or the 'legislature' or what have you of FT, it certainly can play an important role in the direction and enjoyment of Flyertalk.