FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 1: What have you done lately for FlyerTalk?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:05 pm
empedocles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
I am always willing to answer a question that is within my scope of knowledge. In terms of the travel program forums, I mainly peruse Delta, Marriott, Avis, and Hertz, where my experience and thus my knowledge is the greatest. Outside of the travel programs, I've been known to make an appearance in various destination forums, adding the tidbits of information I have gleaned in my travels or residences. You will usually see my handle in threads that appear about Cincinnati or the DFW area, where I have spent much of my life. My travel has been severely curtailed since I first appeared on FT 5+ years ago, and thus for the past couple years most of my contributions have been outside of the program forums.

In terms of community-building, I am organizing the current month's DFW Gathering, which has proven to be a little more challenging than I thought it would be, but I am persevering. Thanks partly to a previously unforeseen connection between my Better Half and a couple of FlyerTalk members, I am slowly integrating into the DFW area real-life FlyerTalk Community.

Lastly, it seems lately that I've been in the right place at the right time and reported some spamming in various forums shortly after it got posted. I guess I'm just lucky like that.

Last edited by empedocles; Nov 7, 2006 at 10:44 am