FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best TG lounge at new BKK airport
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:58 pm
LH747FTL

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I have to say I was very disappointed in the new BKK. The outside might look ok but the inside does look like the old parts of CDG. Really it does. It is an architects disgrace aka small budget. The immigration lines are still bad. There seems to be more posts but of course everyone is at them all the time.

The TG Lounge staff has no personality. I tried to enter near those premium immigration posts downstairs and was refused entry. I had to walk down towards the C gates. I entered then you end up walking back towards the D gates to enter the lounge area. The stupid system it is. I could swear this is all the same Lounge as has been reported herein. The Lounge is long and if you search you can find some private space. Definitely better than the old TG Lounges. Along the wall with the standing lights you will find chairs of two with plugs running along the base. The food and beverage is embarassing and cheap. It is starting to clear but it is also mid-night. BTW that 500 baht departure fee is still being collected so hold onto some baht. You would think they would fix that system. Regards from BKK and looking forward to the land of many Lounges at ICN
After my first TG flight from Suvarnabhumi, I agree with just about everything RTWSTARALLIANCE said. Although I'd take the two-storey Don Muang lounge any day over the main lounge here. No seats to be found at 7am, the floor was dirty like a BKK street with construction nearby. The toilets were filthy. If they can't be bothered to bring food from Don Muang, please get BFS or somebody with they catering facilities ready to provide it. Worst food in any SE Asian lounge I've visited recently, even the Louis Taverns have better offerings.

On top of that, Star Gold check-in is a complete joke. Four desks with longer lines than the 40 or so Y class desks nearby. Any experience if *G in Y can check-in at the C counters?

Paying the departure fee is an experience itself - there's about 2 metres between the end of check-in counters and these departure fee desks - with a couple hundred pax trying to make their way to departures.