FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does CC type need to match the website?
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:23 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DangerMouse
I recently dined at a restaurant which is listed on rewards network as accepting Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. When I visited the restaurant, they accepted my American Express. The dine has yet to post on my account - do you think there is any connection?

Based on reading past posts, I might just have to send in a copy of the cc receipt. Is it okay to blacken out the first couple digits?
What kind of receipt do you have that even has the first digits? (An old-fashioned imprint?)

At any rate, iDine correlates on the last 4 to 6 digits, and they're used to seeing receipts with only that much on them, so that in itself is not the problem.

But they check those last digits against the card(s) you have registered for that account, and then they can see instantly if it's an Amex! (And if you unregister it, they'll see it's an unregistered card and won't award you anything for that reason.) So blackening out digits won't keep them from figuring out that it's an Amex (if they care to figure that out). The only purpose, then, would be for security reasons (in case it is an imprint type receipt that shows the whole number, in which case it's more than just a couple digits that you want to black out!).