FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA took my cancer medication away
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:05 pm
etch5895

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Teacher49
What a fine bit of Hawley-like patriotism, indeed.

Do you have a medical condition that makes you particularly susceptible to danger of exposure to radiation from the sun? I can only guess not from your flippant dismissal of another's real vulnerability. Your sunburn is irrelevant.

Do you have a "note from your doctor" attesting to the fact that you need to have this medication with you? I can only guess not for the same reasons.

So, Hawley-like, twist the facts, down play the legitimate need of others in order to justify a screening program, while supposedly designed to "make us safer", results in increased jeopardy for the traveling public in other ways. Even our resident TSA guy tells of "having" had to take liquid cold medication for a baby away from a mother. Other credible stories from TSA'ers and regular citizens abound.

Those involved in the system of confiscation have confessed to the fact that the taken liquids and gels - far from being treated as hazmat - is taken home by employees, sent for human use to shelters, etc. or simply disposed of in landfill.

I guess no one really believes it's dangerous.

Well, HawleyApologist, keep up the good work defending illogical practices that disrespect for the system by systematically disrespecting the people it is supposed to serve.
Or, get back under the bridge and collect those tolls from unsuspecting people.