FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PVG / Shanghai arrival advice needed
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:47 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TrinaLC
Moondog, not sure which hotel yet - I'd like to stay at a Hilton property as I'm just a few stays shy of Diamond, but the reviews for that property are not particularly good.

What is your favorite in the top business class tier?

To arrange a hotel car, I assume I could call up and ask for the concierge? Or do they do well by email?
For all of its shortcomings, I still like the Hilton because the location is quite good and it has excellent highway access. But, I suggest you tell us where you're going to be spending most of your time.

The reason I asked is because most taxi drivers know the really popular places (Portman, Hilton, Westin, GH, etc).

In any event, I suggest you take a taxi because, regardless of who's footing the bill, hotel car services are needlessly extravagent IMO (a taxi will cost you less than $20; last time I used a car service, the bill was $120).

Printing out the hotel name, address, and phone number is really all you need to do.

Speaking of phone's, a GSM cell phone is pretty much essential in China. PM me if you want to borrow a sim or even a phone; I have lots.