FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:13 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Grand Hyatt Washington DC report 10/06

Preface: Got some very inexpensive transcon tickets from UA into IAD. Everyone upgraded. Still on the keeping status quest.

Rate: I waited out the property and found $134 and change using AAA.

Transportation: We rented a car. Super Shuttle was $30 each and a taxi was $65 plus according to Hotel.

Parking: Valet is $26.

Check-in: Upon arrival I tried the kiosk again. Since I was on a AAA rate the kiosk sent me to the front desk. I did do a WEBPDA checkin. The agent was very competent. We were given rooms on the top floor which also houses the RC.

Perks: As noted above. Picked 1000 as amenity. The RC was well staffed with two internet terminals which are free. There was a printer. I think you could also plug a laptop into the router. The lounge size is ok but the tables with chairs as you get of the elevator tells you there is not enough seating during busy times. It was not crowded when we were there. The evening service had one hot item along with the usual cold items. The beverage set-up is standard. At 8 PM sweets were put out. Will let you know about breakfast. My friend has a book and it puts this Hotel number 1 in luxury ahead of the Four Seasons. The bell staff is very competent and helpful on directions.

Room: Our room was very standard yet comfortable. You come into the room on carpet. New carpet. You have a closet to the right followed by a mini bar which may be used for other things. Get a key. The you have the tv cabinet followed by a desk with lamp. We have two comfy chairs with one ottoman. Our king bed follows which is comfortable. The bathroom is an ok size with a single basin sink and shower with a push out curtain. The water pressure is excellent. A comfortable room. You can get bottled water from the lounge. You need a key in the elevator.

Internet: My friend is catching t mobile but no chance for me. No wired service so you have to use wireless which is $9.95 for the day charged to your room. 24 hours.

Gym: The gym is beyond glass doors and up a ramp to the left. Just head towards the metro. The rate is $10 if you use the equipment and nothing for the pool. If you are a D it is waived.

Spa: They do have spa services.

Eating venues: Abound in the area. The brew pub nearby is very reasonable. We all enjoyed it.

Local markets: ?

Local area: Everything. The metro is on the backside of the Hotel and accessible covered area.

Negatives: The walls are a little thin and the room could be a little larger.

Closing: Would stay again in an instant. The rate is good, staff attentive, RC is good and so forth. Regards from DC