FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3Q Profit & Winglets on 733s/735s
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:14 pm
capitalflow

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Thumbs up Glad to be a shareholder.

Originally Posted by doobierw
Hmmm....

I know several on this board want to see the 735s go away, but I think this is a sign they'll be around for awhile.....and I think it's actually a good sign.

Several had surmised that when the new deliveries came online in '08 and '09 they'd be parking the 735s and possibly some 733s..... I guess they still could, but this is certainly a sign that they intend to keep these aircraft in service and continue to grow the airline......which of course is a good thing.

I delivered a 757 to Greensboro last week for the winglet installation, and it's a pretty fascinating operation. The aircraft is out of service for 16 days while they modify the structural innards of the wing. 737s are actually designed for the winglet a bit better, so it's a lot faster mod.

In any event, I see this as good news, that the fleet will continue to grow.....

DRW ^
As I guy who has been on CO at least twice a week for almost every week of my life the past 7 years I've been a Plat and the past 12 I've been a OP member, I am proud to buy CAL shares. Way to go CAL!