FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO reward to south africa. VS or ST parterns???
Old Oct 19, 2006, 11:35 am
capitalflow

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Yep -- the older planes.

Originally Posted by CO 1E
You've got to be kidding. You must have been on one of the old VS aircraft with the J2000 seats in Upper Class rather than the Upper Class Suites. I don't see how anyone could prefer KL's old J barcaloungers (or even their new tilt-a-beds) to the VS Upper Class Suites. This also must have been before the new VS Clubhouse in LHR opened.
The VS clubhouse was okay but because AF was so delayed getting us to HRW, we didn't really have a chance to enjoy it. You are right -- we were on the older plane for VS. But my spouse signed up for one of the spa in air treatments and the crew in charge of it "ran out of time" and gave her a voucher for a priority on the return. Guess what? The return little manicure never happened because we had turburlence (and I know that's not VS fault) for so long that when things settled down, she still didn;t get it. I dunno -- yeah, you're probably right about the seats themselves and I do not fly VS often (obviously), I was just saying the overall experience was less than expected given the hype on the brand itself.

Happy travels, CO 1E.