FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EUAs are nice but I feel CO should do more
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:35 am
capitalflow

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Agreed!!!

Originally Posted by CALfly5
I think channa gives CO a LOT more money than he does to Safeway. Comparing the 2 is probably not that useful, because with supermarkets, distance from home/work to the market is a large determinant of choice of supermarket. No such thing in the airline world - if I can get to SFO, I can choose to fly ANYBODY.

I agree with a prev poster who said that a "simple thank you" would be great!

CO used to have something very much like this. They had a very simple page printed in year-end OP statements showing you how many segs you flew, how many upgrades you were given, and maybe a couple of other stats, and then a (form letter) message from the director of marketing thanking you for your patronage. Yes, I know nobody actually called me at home and said "thanks Mr. CAL, for flying us so much this year" but this little message really said to me that the airline was looking at me and appreciated me.

I cannot understand why CO doesn't do this anymore. Now, with so many people using e-statements instead of paper, there wouldn't even be an extra paper cost for the extra page.

And FWIW, I do think that once people fly over 100K miles, or over some high dollar amount, someone from the Chairman's office or the President's office should make a phone call to that OP member. I can't imagine it would be that many people they'd have to call, but the goodwill they'd generate, and word of mouth advertising that would follow, would pay for hundreds of those ubiquitous billboards CO puts up across the country.

(PS> CO Insider, I'd really love to see something like this back in the program.)
Couldn't have said it better myself.