FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More Miami / MIA- Sao Paulo GRU flights
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:40 am
timfucius
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
There's still a lot of AA ground equipment equipment and signage at CNF (or at least it was there in March), so maybe they will take another look.

They could also try GRU-POA again, although I think the problem with that flight was due to the common weather (fog) delays.

I'm going to miss the daytime flights. They were never more than half-full when I took them and always had C7 on EF...

The AA signs at the counters are long gone (now occupied by TAM at the right hand side). The cargo area doesn't have the signs up anymore.

If you visit CNF today you'll see a whole different airport. It's so much busier than before. The access roads when finished will give this city a much needed boost. Gol Airlines has recently innaugurated its maintenance hub there. Geographically speaking, CNF is really well positioned to feed flights to other regions of Brazil and has the infrastructure to support it. I believe that AA could potentially benefit from good cargo loads + pax at this airport. It made sense in the past, so why not take a second look?