FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A screener told me to "have a nice f***ing day this morning...
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:02 am
studentff

Programs: Former UA 1P
Originally Posted by AA2070
He then threw the tools into the trash without offering me the opportunity to take them to the ticket counter to have them checked.
You should also file a claim with TSA for compensation for your lost (trashed) tools.

This incident is totally inexcusable; I would have said "screw my flight," called for a LEO, and started filing a police report.

The one time I have gone through BOS terminal B TSA (on a last minute reroute to AA which got me SSSS'd), I found them to be rather arrogant and annoying. The tactic of retaliating against passengers by creating delay via swabbing every conceivable item in the bag (and I bet they did it slowly and with multiple swabs too) is consistent with what I experienced. Contents of my rollaboard that they ETD'd each with individual swabs included: shoes (inside and out), electric shaver (opened zipper pouch and swabbed shaver), outside of rollaboard, inside seams of rollaboard, toiletry kit, and several clothing items.